2. Now I love Queen Maxima of the Netherlands’ jewellery and would love to meet her one day. Do you have an idol whos jewellery collection would you love to see?
Nancy Cunard. But she probably sold it all to keep the wolf from the door when her family cut her off. Or Andrew Logan at his museum in Wales!
3. Cartier have a panther as their mascot, Bulgari have a snake.. which animal do you think you would have as yours?
4. In Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Marilyn Monroe sang “Diamonds are a girls best friend” do you agree with her? Do you have a favourite gemstone?
I have old diamonds but I'd never buy anything new! Rubies and emeralds are cute but you cant beat Lapis Lazuli.
5. Your birthstone for June is Pearl, Moonstone and Alexandrite. Do you think they are appropriate to you.
I am a child of the moonstone but I dont have any jewels hint hint (I have one next to my pillow)
6. Queen Margrethe of Denmark when talking about her jewellery collection, said that in Denmark, “we don’t count the carats, we count the centuries”. What is the allure of antique jewellery to you?
I'm with Denmark. New is crass. Old jewellry has the beauty of experience, hand crafted, wisdom of the ages and stories of the past, a bit like me!